NM2New Media for a New Millennium
Contact: Peter Stollenmayer
NM2, New Media for a New Millennium, was an Integrated Project under the European 6th Framework Programme in the thematic priority of Information Society Technology. The main goal of the interdisciplinary project was to create new production tools for the media industry. These tools enable the easy production in technically standardised formats of non-linear, personalised media genres based on sound and moving images suitable for transmission over broadband networks. Viewers are able to interact directly with the medium and influence what they see and hear according to their personal tastes and wishes.
The project which united leading creative and technology experts from across Europe to address a great opportunity for businesses and consumers: how to develop compelling new media forms which take advantage of the unique characteristics of broadband networks.
The project was officially closed on 31 August 2007.
- Duration of the project: 3 years, September 2004 - August 2007
- Overall Budget: about 7.5 Mio Euro
- 13 partner organisations from 8 different European countries
- Project coordinator and leader of the workpackages 1 (management and coordination), 8 (dissemination and exploitation) and 11 (quality assurance).
- Eurescom provided all necessary tools for proper communication and management within the project and to the outside world, such as Websites, deliverable portals, groupware tools, file sharing system, mailing lists, address databases, reporting tools, audio conference systems.