is this Project about?
motivation for this study is to improve non-competitive cooperation of
Telcos in standardization bodies, initiatives, projects, or towards
vendors in the context of network and service management systems. The
reason for identifying activities dealing with major issues is to
advance that work in a coordinated and therefore effective cost saving
way. Beside this the work will help to find a consensus view on the
are the main objectives of this Project?
- Identify the major NG – OSS topics of the
- Identify the major NG – OSS players
- Assess the recommendations for actions
- Evaluate the NG – OSS topics, players, and
- Map the identified major NG – OSS topics of
the telecommunication industry and the identified NG – OSS
- Identify overlapping or non-relevant activities
as well as non-covered topics
- Derive recommendations for action to the
telecommunication industry in order to coordinate and advance
activities (e.g. bundling of activities to bear increased influence,
initiate activity from scratch, move activity from one NG – OSS
standardization body to another or stop activity)
- Analyze procedures to influence the target
- Propose a mechanism to keep the coordination
and concerted activities running after the end of the study
are the key results for this Project?
The results of this study are
highly important to the shareholders and members of Eurescom.
- Experts participating in international
- Managers responsible for development of
corporate international collaboration and standardization strategies
The exploitation of these results
- enable the foundation of strategic alliances,
partnerships and liaisons among the shareholders in the area of NG
– OSS as well as interconnection of OSS between providers and
shared use of OSS resources,
- give input to the fireworks initiative of
Telcos in order to influence the NG – OSS work in standardization
- provide the basis for further Eurescom, EU IST
or CELTIC projects.
relationship exists to other organisations or bodies?
Many relations exist mainly to
standards bodies and other initiatives in the area of Operations Support
Systems. The main organisations include the ITU-T, ETSI and the